Book Review: Between The Lines by Tammara Webber

Title: Between The Lines
Author: Tammara Webber
Published: 14th February 2013 (published in the UK)

After reading Easy, I could wait to read Between The Lines as I thoroughly enjoyed reading Easy. I was even more excited when Penguin picked up Tammara Webber's books to publish in the UK as when I bought Easy it was a self-published version. But saying this I was a little disappointed in this book.

It's Emma's big break, she has managed to pick up the main role of Lizabeth in an modern Americanized remake of Pride and Prejudice. Who's working alongside her? The world famous and dreamy Reid, who plays the charming Mr Will Darcy in the remake. There is chemistry in the auditions and Reid wants to see if there is anything more, outside of the words "ACTION!"
But looky who's here. Graham Douglas (a much better person to be crushing on!) Emma and Graham seem to get on straight away and she finds herself comfortable in his company. But as they also spend time together, she doesn't know who to choose.

Secrets are kept by Reid, Graham and Brooke Cameron, who seems to be part of Reid's past...and a large part of it.

I find it sad myself that I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wish I did. Obviously, Emma is overwhelmed by everything as she starts her big role as the leading lady but along the way...I think she became increasingly blind. It became increasingly annoying as she seemed to go round with what she "thought" was right but wasn't! Near the end I just wanted to slap some sense into her because she was reading the signs ALL wrong!!!!

This book is split into two narrations. Reid's and Emma's. I have to start saying that I did initially like Reid, but by the end of it...I couldn't stand him! I have already commented about a little on Emma but to add to this I loved some of her character development. It did reflect the entertainment biz typically. Naturally, leaving her best friend, Emily, and hanging around with the celebs in the movie was bound to happen. Emma becomes lost and it from that strange her character build made it a thoroughly enjoyable narration, especially when the realization hit.

I definitely need to read the next book! The ending left me happy, it's so cute! The book covers the process of the "before filming" to the "end of shooting and everyone goes home." I'm expecting lots of complexity when I get my hands on the second book to read, especially on one certain character (the male...I won't tell you who though...spoilers!). It sets up a great read for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment