Book Review: Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

13206828Title: Cress
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published: February 6th 2014 (Puffin Books) 
Pages: 560

Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard. 

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can. [Via Goodreads]



My Thoughts:
When I first got a hold of this book, my first thought? This is a fat book! I didn't expect it to be as fat as it was, but am I complaining? Hell no! Yay for a fat book!

I don't know how Meyer is able to pull it off but she did. I am more impressed with the balance of characters! As we move on in the Lunar Chronicles more characters are introduced but each and every one of them were well balanced to make it an enjoyable read.

The spark of new romance is more than obvious in this twist of Rapunzel but that doesn't decrease the enjoyment of their mutual feelings - not sure if it topped the ending of Scarlet in the happily ever after department though!

Occasionally, I felt that the build up to the wedding was a bit of a pain, although that may have just been because I wanted the Cinder and Kai reunion because I love them together!! But then again, everything to the build up is super important: action packed with a twist I didn't see coming. It definitely kept me on my toes.

What's happening next? A war!

Should you read this book? Hell yeah!! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read this one! I loved Cinder and Scarlet. Great review, Sabrina! :D

    ReplyDelete