Book Review: Façade (Games #2) by Nyrae Dawn

Title: Façade
Author: Nyrae Dawn
Published: September 24th 2013 (Forever)
Pages: 304

Can love save them? 

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is alright. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she's never been--and into the arms of Adrian Westfall. 

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate, carefree love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together, or tear them apart forever? [Via Goodreads]


My Thoughts:
After read Charade, I couldn't wait to read another book by Nyrae Dawn. I did not expect it all to pan out how it did! It was all so heart-breaking and a tear or two did appear :(

I was really interested in this book before starting it especially since it's about Colt's room mate - and from Charade, we got to see what a party animal he was. But now - Oh. My. God. The build up to the truth being laid out is killer, with an unexpected twist. As well as the two POV narrations, it was interesting to read about Adrian's past through flashbacks and also dreams, it created something quite powerful.

Something that did carry on from Charade is the nicknames. From Tiny Dancer for Chey to Little Ghost for Delaney. Strangely, I didn't really like the fact that Adrian gave that name to Delaney. I felt that that was more of Colt's thing and having Adrian using the same idea for the nickname made me feel like he has something from Colt that I only wanted Colt to have....Anyway...it's a pretty lame excuse for not liking it I know...

Just thinking about it now, the story kinda reminds me of a mash-up of Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.
THIS ONE IS A MUST! 

No comments:

Post a Comment