College Event: James Dawson Visit with Say Her Name reading!! [With VIDEOS]



So for part of my college celebration of YA books/Arts Award project, I organized James Dawson to come in for a talk. 

I was nervous as hell, being super worried that my posters, emails and general word of mouth wasn't enough, but that was all out of my control. I couldn't even focus on my double maths period I had in the morning..haha...

I don't know how much I'm really allowed to say about the talking that happened before the event so I just thought it'd be safer not to say anything in general...other than I can't wait for his future books and a possible shake and change in the genre department. Other than that my lips are sealed...!


James kindly agreed for me to film the talk, as a use of evidence for my Gold Arts Award, but has also let me share it with you guys too!

I have also edited out the extract that he read...just to save those who don't have an hour at hand to listen to the full talk!

So I present to you, an extract from Say Her Name read by the author himself, James Dawson




*Round of applause*


Now, for the full length talk....

There is a cut around half way through because the camera had a little panic attack but I don't think you really miss much either way! It's basically an hour long. I speak in this video...and I sound SUPER posh...I am still coming to terms with how weird I sound..


***Warnings***
- There are some small spoilers in this talk about Say Her Name - it's in the Q&A section, you watch at your own risk (for me, I would count it as a spoiler but it's up to you!) ...It's around 28:37(ish) to 31:02(ish)

- Do I need to warn you guys about swears too? Or are we all cool about those things? What do I say..? Mild use of swearing? *shurgs*









My review will be posted here closer to the time of release! And yes, I finished it in less than 24 hours. 24 hours of paralyzed reading. I have yet to decipher if I was paralyzed from fear or enjoyment!
But in the meantime, check out Hollow Pike and Cruel Summer!

And THANK YOU (again) James for coming in!! :D 

1 comment:

  1. James is awesome, isn't he? I'm hoping to read Say Her Name very soon!

    I haven't watched the second video yet, but I'll let you know when I have. :D

    ReplyDelete